11.13.2009

Whistle While You Work

Do you ever wonder if your kids are old enough for chores yet? My husband and I decided this past week that our two oldest are - and I made them each a chore chart using the newest release from Laurie's Scraps - "Whistle While You Work."


Their chrts are pretty simple. They each have six chores that they do everyday. Since they are only 5 and 3 they have very simple chores - things like brushing their teeth, helping feed the animals and picking up their toys. I plan on increasing their level of responsibility as they get older, and altering their charts accordingly. They get rewards for doing all their chores for a day, a week, or a month. So far our 3-year old is doing better than our 5-year old!
I had their charts printed at Costco on glossy stock, which works just like a dry erase board with dry erase markers - no need to laminate it. The font I used, which matches the kit's word art, is called Smiley Monster. It can be downloaded for free here.


I have made a template off my design for your freebie today, though there are two 8.5" x 11" templates included in the kit when you buy it. It is 30% off this week, BTW!

Link Expired!!

5 comments:

  1. very nice! I've been looking for something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 9 post on Nov. 14, 2009. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! I've been looking for something like this to use with my 7 year old. She is extremely S-L-O-W in getting ready for school in the morning and dh and I thought a chore chart/reward system would work.
    Thanks again:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. JUST WHAT I NEEDED - You ROCK for sharing this with us! THANK YOU THANK YOU

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great I have been trying to find something like this and just my LUCK it is EXPIRED ... This is a very cool tool indeed and My Kids and I love the look that it has. Thank you for Sharing this with Us all !

    ReplyDelete